The Haiti School Project’s Action Steps are:
- Raise $120,000 to achieve our primary goals and objectives.
- Individual donors
- Foundations / grants
- Corporate donors
- Religious / faith-based organizations
- School construction
- Examine existing foundation – completed in March 2012
- Draft and finalize plans for the Villard School building.
- Research and develop local suppliers.
- Draft a construction schedule in consultation with general contractor.
- The Haiti School Project will supervise construction of the Villard School; disburse funds to local suppliers and contractor for labor after receiving appropriate accounting; provide construction documents; provide training as needed. All construction work will be done by Haitians.
- Collaborate with Clark University’s LEEP initiative and other stakeholders in planned teachertraining workshop for all the teachers of the Villard School and additional teachers from the village. First workshop was held in August 2012 where both Haitian and US educators to facilitated the workshop and held discussions and trainings on various topics such as educational theories, effective teaching practices, and lesson plan development.
- Build relationships with other non-profit, private, and governmental organizations in Haiti, as well as the US Agency for International Development, in order to facilitate our mission and leverage our efforts within the larger picture of Haitian development.
- Provide ongoing support for tuition grants and school maintenance so the school staff will be able to focus their energies on educating the students by means of a self-sufficient funding source such as solar electric generation trailer form Sirona Cares.
- Establish a self-sustainable book program for the students of the Villard School. We locally purchased 250 notebooks and 250 pens that were provided to the Villard School. Going forward we will launch a book rental program where Parents will rent the books for the school year. Adjustments will be made based on a parent’s ability to pay. Funds raised will go to replacing and updating books as needed. Haiti School Project in September 2012 purchased from local Haitian vendors an initial set of 425 textbooks
- Reading, 25 each for grades 1, 2, 3 and 4
- Grammar, 25 each for grades 1, 2 and 3 Haitian Creole, 25 each for grades 1, 2, 3 and 4
- Math, 25 each for grades 3, 4, 5 & 6
- Science, 25 each for grades 1 & 2
- Evaluate our school sustaining projects and improve their effectiveness. We have already completed several projects such as the teacher training workshop and the book program. Haiti School Project will work to improve these programs with input from the Villard community as we move forward so we can increase our effectiveness.
Please help us by making a tax deductible donation on this website via the secure PayPal Haiti donation button.
Our goal is to complete construction of the Villard School by mid 2013 and provide for the school’s future vitality and quality of education in Haiti.
The Haiti School Project is a federally recognized non-profit IRC Sec. 501(c)(3) organization helping Haiti’s children supported entirely by volunteers.